A pioneer in the prep and polishing of concrete flooring, HTC produces equipment, tools and training to expertly prepare, grind and polish concrete flooring to perfection. The company has changed today’s flooring market with innovations in standardized methods for grinding and polishing concrete floors. HTC offers flooring contractors, construction companies and others the latest machines and technology, which are recommended worldwide to take any flooring project to the next level.
Runyon Surface Prep is a certified HTC partner, offering a comprehensive range of floor grinding machines, tools and training, as well as being an authorized HTC service center and rental partner. Available in several different sizes and capabilities depending on the demands of your flooring job, HTC grinders are made to tackle everything from edge grinding to grinding large areas, floor preparation and floor polishing. Combined with HTC’s diamond tools and environmentally friendly cleaning system that cleans all types of floors without chemicals, flooring contractors can work with a complete system that guarantees you finish the job with the best results and affordable cost.
HTC Concrete Grinding & Polishing Tooling Guide
All floor surfaces and grinding jobs are unique and require the skill and experience to work them in the most effective way. HTC’s Concrete Grinding and Polishing Tooling Guide is a handy and popular chart that helps contractors choose the right tool for the job, providing a good recommendation for the grinding sequence during different types of work. The Guide specifies the equipment, grit, bond and speed for use on different kinds of concrete surfaces from soft to extremely hard concrete, based on the Moh’s Hardness Scratch Test.
More Tips for Choosing the Right Grinder or Diamond Tooling
To provide a quality flooring installation, contractors need to understand grinding and polishing processes, then act accordingly in choosing the tools to get the job done as efficiently and expertly as possible. Once you decide on labor and diamond tooling that work best for your application and project conditions, your experience will be the determining factor in selecting the right equipment to use for the job:
- What are the specific characteristics of the concrete surface?
- What is the diamond tool designed to do?
- How is the diamond tool supposed to perform?
- What are the optimum conditions of flawless diamond tool performance?
Buzz Around Hybrid Tooling
HTC suggests contractors consider today’s hybrid tooling when choosing “first cut” tooling.
- Hybrid tooling eliminates the need for the right bond/grit combination based on the hardness of the concrete. Hardness, abrasion resistance or age of the concrete remains a factor in the performance of the diamond tool, however. Once the grit of hybrid tooling is determined, move through the grit sequences at a slow, methodical pace.
- Hybrid tooling is usually not aggressive enough to expose large aggregate or remove heavy grease, paint or coatings. Using metal bond or specialized tools can speed up these processes.
- Using a resin bond tool designed for quick and thorough refinement can also assist with trouble-free tooling selection.
- HTC has seen evidence of contractors successfully using Ravager tooling in place of scarifying and profiling to speed up removal needed for floor prep.
HTC Floor Systems Training
Register for training on HTC Floor Systems. The one-day training class takes place on Tuesday, October 20 at Runyon Surface Prep’s Indiana location (410 West Carmel Drive, Carmel, IN 46032) and includes a full equipment demo of polishing, floor prep and removal.